Note: Some of the links in the table below may take you to a blank page with the verbiage, “This is not a valid link.” These links have expired from the Ventura MLS and are no longer accessible. Ojai MLS links are not affected in this way.
January 4, 2020
Here’s the Ojai Market Data for the past month (data from 12/1/19 through 12/31/19):
- 23 new listings came on the market in December; 12 of these new listings are either pending sales or have already closed. (In November we saw 24 new listings come on the market; 5 of them were pending or closed sales as of the date of our update.)
- 22 properties sold and closed in December (29 in November) – at an average of 89.64% of the original listing price when the property first came on the market (this figure was 93.79% for November). Of the 22 properties that sold, 1 offer was at full price and 2 offers were over full price (in November there was 1 full price offer and 3 over full price)
- The average listing was on the market for 134 days* before receiving an offer (69 days in November). However, if we remove two of the outlier properties that didn’t receive an offer until 579 and 751 days, that figure drops to 81 days before first receiving an offer.
*Note: If a property goes into escrow, but then falls out – we don’t use that figure to calculate the number of days on the market before receiving an offer. We instead are utilizing the number of days for the next offer that stays in escrow and closes.
There are currently 108 active listings on the market, not including properties currently listed as pending sales. (There were 143 active listings on the date of our market update for November.) Here’s how the current active listings break down:
- 65 residential listings
- 23 land listings
- 9 commercial listings
- 6 mobile home listings
- 4 residential income listings
- 1 residential condo listings
- 0 business opportunity listings
Ojai sales-to-list price percentages, 12/1/19 through 12/31/19
Here’s the list of the 22 properties that sold and closed, including the original list price (when each property first came on the market), the final sales price, and the sales-to-list price percentage.
Ojai Market Data – December, 2018 through December, 2019