Note: Some of the links in the table below may take you to a blank page with the verbiage, “This is not a valid link.” These links have expired from the Ventura MLS and are no longer accessible. Ojai MLS links are not affected in this way.
July 3, 2019
Here’s the Ojai Market Data for the past month (data from 6/1/19 through 6/30/19):
- 46 new listings came on the market in June; 18 of these new listings are either pending sales or have already closed. In May we saw 47 new listings come on the market; 12 of them were pending or closed sales as of the date of our update.
- 38 properties sold and closed in June (42 in May) – at an average of 95.10% of the original listing price when the property first came on the market (this figure was 96.43% for May). Of the 38 properties that sold, 4 offers were at full price and 4 offers were over full price (in May there were 7 full price offers and 10 over full price)
- The average listing was on the market for 111 days before receiving an offer (53 days in May). Note: If a property goes into escrow, but then falls out – we don’t use that figure to calculate the number of days on the market before receiving an offer. We instead are utilizing the number of days for the next offer that stays in escrow and closes.
There are currently 149 active listings on the market, not including properties currently listed as pending sales. (There were 153 active listings on the date of our market update for May.) Here’s how the current active listings break down:
- 91 residential listings
- 29 land listings
- 6 commercial listings
- 17 mobile home listings
- 3 residential income listings
- 3 residential condo listings
- 0 business opportunity listings
Ojai sales-to-list price percentages, 6/1/19 through 6/30/19
Here’s the list of the 38 properties that sold and closed, including the original list price (when each property first came on the market), the final sales price, and the sales-to-list price percentage.
Ojai Market Data – June, 2018 through June, 2019
We typically see a slowdown in new listings over the summer months, however, there wasn’t much of a drop off from May to June this year (47 new listings vs. 46 new listings).
The numbers were skewered a bit by the listing on 380 Longhorn Lane. If we remove this “outlier” listing to calculate averages for the month, the “average days on market before receiving an offer that closes” drops from 111 days to 78; the average list-to-sales price percentage also increases from 95.10% to 96.24%
Interest rates are still excellent and continue to look promising at least through the end of the year.