Note: Some of the links in the table below may take you to a blank page with the verbiage, “This is not a valid link.” These links have expired from the Ventura MLS and are no longer accessible. Ojai MLS links are not affected in this way.
May 6, 2019
Here’s the Ojai Market Data for the past month (data from 4/1/19 through 4/30/19):
- 57 new listings came on the market in April; 23 of these new listings are either pending sales or have already closed. In March we saw 52 new listings come on the market; 21 of them were pending or closed sales as of the date of our update.
- 39 properties sold and closed in April (27 in March) – at an average of 92.00% of the original listing price when the property first came on the market (this figure was 95.03% for March). Of the 39 properties that sold, 4 offers were at full price and 5 offers were over full price (in March there were 3 full price offers and 4 over full price)
- The average listing was on the market for 109 days before receiving an offer (96 days in March). Note: If a property goes into escrow, but then falls out – we don’t use that figure to calculate the number of days on the market before receiving an offer. We instead are utilizing the number of days for the next offer that stays in escrow and closes.
There are currently 155 active listings on the market, not including properties currently listed as pending sales. (There were 143 active listings on the date of our market update for March.) Here’s how the current active listings break down:
- 95 residential listings
- 26 land listings
- 7 commercial listings
- 15 mobile home listings
- 6 residential income listings
- 6 residential condo listings
- 0 business opportunity listings
Ojai sales-to-list price percentages, 4/1/19 through 4/30/19
Here’s the list of the 39 properties that sold and closed, including the original list price (when each property first came on the market), the final sales price, and the sales-to-list price percentage.
Ojai Market Data – April, 2018 through April, 2019
The Ojai market is still hot, in fact, it’s become even more so over the last month:
- 57 new listings came on the market, 23 of which are already closed or in escrow. (That’s the most new listings we’ve had in a given month since March, 2017 – with 64 listings.)
- Almost a quarter (23%) of closed sales were full-price or over full-priced sales.
- The surge of new listings usually tapers off beginning in June, so we’ve got one month left!
- There continue to be situations where homes are receiving multiple offers and overbids (we’ve been involved in several of them on both the buyer and seller side).
- The drop-off from March’s 95.03% list-to-sales-price percentage to this month’s 92.00% isn’t anything to be alarmed about, unless it continues for several months in a row.
In our opinion, the market at the moment is leaning slighting towards being a “seller’s market.”