Note: Some of the links in the table below may take you to a blank page with the verbiage, “This is not a valid link.” These links have expired from the Ventura MLS and are no longer accessible. Ojai MLS links are not affected in this way.
March 2, 2019
Here’s the Ojai Market Data for the past month (data from 2/1/19 through 2/28/19):
- 32 new listings came on the market; 8 of these new listings are either pending sales or have already closed. In January we saw 34 new listings come on the market; 9 of them were pending or closed sales as of the date of our update.
- 28 properties sold and closed (19 in January) – at an average of 95.46% of the original listing price when the property first came on the market (this figure was 90.05% for January). Of the 28 properties that sold, 3 offers were at full price and 3 offers were over full price (in January there were 0 full price offers and 2 over full price)
- The average listing was on the market for 59 days before receiving an offer (86 days in January). Note: If a property goes into escrow, but then falls out – we don’t use that figure to calculate the number of days on the market before receiving an offer. We instead are utilizing the number of days for the next offer that stays in escrow and closes (thank you, Rosanna).
There are currently 144 active listings on the market, not including properties currently listed as pending sales. (There were 149 active listings in January.) Here’s how the current active listings break down:
- 93 residential listings
- 23 land listings
- 6 commercial listings
- 15 mobile home listings
- 3 residential income listings
- 4 residential condo listings
- 0 business opportunity listings
Ojai sales-to-list price percentages, 2/1/19 through 2/28/19
Here’s the list of the 28 properties that sold and closed, including the original list price (when each property first came on the market), the final sales price, and the sales-to-list price percentage.
Ojai Market Data – February, 2018 through February, 2019
- February was surprisingly active; we expect it will become more so over the next few months. However, we’re still in a listing shortage; when we started BBIO in 2011, the average number of active listings on the market was around 200. We’re currently sitting at 144.
- In February we saw several new listings come on the market and quickly receive offers. Although the media has been talking about a real estate market correction (albeit a minor one at this point), we are still seeing new listings arrive on the market at prices higher than we thought we’d see. This obviously bodes well for the selling market, but for buyers there are still plenty of good deals out there; just this past week alone we added four new listings to the Honorable Mentions page!